Saturday, September 19, 2009

I wish I could write and sing and play

Just watched this and began my Saturday morning in tears. I know most of you have probably seen this, and it's not new to you, and it is just another Taylor Swift song... But man, I miss my Mom! ...and when I stop and think about it, it is still fresh and raw. One day it won't be, and the blogs about missing her will space farther and farther apart. But for now, I love that missing her is a emotion that is so real and impacts my heart everyday. My conversations are richer, my empathy stronger, and my desire to know others more sincere. Perhaps one on the greatest gifts through this whole season has been the impact on my heart.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you, I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. --Ezekiel 36:26

2 comments:

  1. are you supposed to be able to make it through that song without crying? cause you can't. Or else your heart is stone. I love you leigh bucklad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even watch it right now, I know I'll be a blubbering mess. I'll have to come back to it.

    I love what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete