Thursday, April 9, 2009

Holding What We've Got

Leigh called in this update for me. She may correct it or add to it later when she gets home.

So far today Lynne is doing the same as yesterday, if not a little bit better. Her TCD numbers are down a little bit, but she still is over 200 in one vessel. Not good yet, but better than yesterday.

Also, the new medicine they're using to keep her sedated is not quite as strong as the old stuff. Now, when you come in to talk to her she'll open her eyes and look around briefly before falling back asleep. She's still sedated so there isn't much more than that.

That really is about it. We're all pretty tired, but getting used to it I guess. Tomorrow we're getting brake work done in Winston as opposed to Statesville. It's just easier, and right now so much of a day gets spent there.

Thank you for all the continued prayers and support. Even in the midst of this becoming a somewhat normal part of life, it isn't much easier. Things like TV shows, songs and things you read can sneak up in a moment and bring back the hurt and the tears.

A quick window into how geeky I am: I'm reading Tolkein's The Fellowship of the Ring right now. There are several types of individuals who play major roles, and the Elves are perhaps the most revered, magical and mysterious ones in there. Here's what one character had to say about elves after meeting them and being asked if he liked them:

"They seem a bit above my likes and dislikes, so to speak," answered Sam slowly. "It don't seem to matter what I think about them. They are quite different from what I expected-so old and young, and so gay and sad, as it were."

This is the sort of thing that leaps of the page at me and threatens to push the tears through. Most of the people I admire most in life could be summed up by that short description. At the same time old and young, happy and sad. And above the opinion of others. I feel that times like these with Lynne reveal these qualities in us, as well as grow them. I don't think God is causing any of this to accomplish it. But I do think the Holy Spirit uses it.

I don't have anything else beyond that right now. I'm sure Leigh will post more later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment